Thursday, August 13, 2009

Morning Sickness=Blogger Malaise

I have been a horrible blogger the last few weeks. I apologize, but in all honesty, I had nothing to post. I have not sewn, cooked, or shopped in weeks. The first two weeks of knowing I was pregnant was spent reveling in the knowledge and interviewing midwives, and stupidly wishing for symptoms. The last two weeks have been spent over the toilet, on the couch, and in bed. I am a horrible first trimester-er. I'm blessed with the all day morning sickness that gets worse at night - lovely. Couple that with an inexhaustible two year-old and all bets are off.

I swear I am going to be better, but it's going to take some time. Maybe a post or two a week till the second trimester hits on September 13 - not that I am counting the days or anything.

But for all the complaining above, I'm grateful. Grateful that this pregnancy is sticking around after enduring the losses after James. Grateful to feel pregnant. I'm grateful to have found an amazing midwife, who gets me and what I'm doing. Grateful for a family that is supporting my decision to homebirth - how awesome is that? And grateful for a husband, who I'm sure is suffering from boredom and lack of sex, but who rarely complains. Even if he does remind me occasionally that I wanted to be pregnant.

No comments: