Wednesday, November 18, 2009

KC Moms Frugal Find: Necessities Consignment


There are a lot of great consignment shops in the K.C. area, but sadly many of them cater to the pint size crowd or the size zero audience, since most of us moms fall into neither category, it seems like we miss out on a lot. So the other day when I decided I wanted to upcycle a sweater using this tutorial, I wondered if I would be forced to visit Goodwill for old sweaters, and then I remembered Necessities. The unassuming little shop sits on the corner of Walnut and 7 Hwy in Blue Springs with a sign that declares it open only on Tuesdays -Saturday. As lucky would have it, it was a Tuesday!

I found that Necessities was a nice little mix of consignment, garage sale, and antiques housed in a series of tiny rooms in an old home. There was a certain warmth to the atmosphere and the prices were excellent.

In all I walked away with a J.Crew wool sweater for my scarf project, a wool cape/cloak thing, and an American Eagle sweater for $19 - all of which are being transformed into hipper, upcycled clothes. So if you'd like a quiet, eclectic shopping experience I'd recommend checking it out.

No comments: